Margaret Adams, MSW
Resident in Clinical Social Work
My name is Margaret Adams, MSW. I am a Resident Supervisee (MSW) working towards my Clinical Social Work Licensure. My experience has been with people across the lifespan; adults, adolescents and children. I have worked with those battling chronic medical conditions and pain, trauma history, anxiety, depression, relationship instability, stress-management, addiction, anger management, ADHD, maternal wellness, parenting, grief/loss, and those seeking emotional growth.
Through a person-centered, trauma-informed and eclectic approach, I am able to support, guide and assist you in walking your journey. My professional goal is to support you in seeking tools to manage interpersonal healing and emotional growth. I love walking alongside people on a path towards wholeness , healing and freedom.
I am a Christian, a native New Yorker, worked in Philadelphia for many years and now a Roanoke transplant. My experience ranges from family preservation and the foster care system to mental health within a primary medical care environment. I have worked with diverse populations of all ages, integrating an array of therapeutic modalities.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (Temple University ‘11)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology (Nyack College, 1995)
- Member, National Association of Social Work) (NASW, ‘08)
- Certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR, ‘19)
- Behavioral Health Consultation
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused and Brief Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Christian (Biblically-based) counseling